By David Needham published June 28th 2012 04:20 pm.


Community Services Office for Cash, Medical and Food Benefits

• SPOKANE SOUTHWEST Community Services Office
1313 N. Maple
Spokane, WA 99201-2749
(509) 227-2400; (800) 962-5762; TTY number: (509) 329-3721

• SPOKANE VALLEY Community Services Office
8517 E. Trent
Spokane, WA 99212
(509) 227-2700; (800) 660-4370; TTY number: (509) 227-2850

• TRI COUNTY-COLVILLE Community Services Office #33
1100 S. Main St., Suite 1
Colville, WA 99114-9545
(509) 685-5600; (800) 992-7784; TTY number: (509) 685-5618

• NEWPORT BRANCH Community Services Office #26
1600 W. First St.
Newport, WA 99156
(509) 447-6200; (800) 692-4128; TTY number: (509) 447-6200

For further information:  or  or

Spokane Community Resource Directory:  or  or

Head Start/ECEAP/Early Head Start: (509) 533-4800;

To find licensed child care providers in Spokane, Lincoln, Ferry, Pend Oreille and Stevens Counties contact:
• Family Care Resources at (509) 484-0048 or 1-800-446-2229; or  (lists licensed daycare options by zip code)

Infant Toddler Network: Will assist in setting up screenings, evaluations and Early Intervention Services for children under the age of 3 with developmental delays and disabilities. Contact the Spokane Regional Health District at (509) 324-1651 or;  Address is 1101 W. College, Rm 240, Spokane, WA 99201

Child Find: Assessment and remediation will be provided for children ages 3 to graduation for those who qualify. Contact either your neighborhood school principal or Child Find Coordinator (each school district has their own coordinator)
For Spokane School District 81 - (509) 354-6336.

Access to Baby & Child Dentistry Program (ABCD & ABCDE):
(509) 324-1478; 1101 W. College, Rm 200, Spokane, WA 99201.
For further information on services go to:

To locate your local WIC office, call the toll-free Family Health Hotline:
1-800-322-2588; for TTY relay call 711 or 1-800-833-6388.
For further information on services go to:
To become a licensed foster parent for a specific child(ren) or other children in state care?
• Call 1-888-KIDS(5437) -414;  or
Contact Linda Rogers (Regional Foster Parent Recruiter) at (509) 389-7192 or
Support Groups for Caregivers:
1. Children’s Home Society (CHS) offers support groups on the 2nd Tuesday of the month. Child care is provided. CHS also offers quarterly respite activity days for relative caregivers and their families.
CHS, 2323 N. Discovery Place, Spokane Valley, WA 99216.
If you plan to attend please RSVP to Barb Giachetti or Nick Flett at (509) 747-4174.
2. Native American Support Group offers support for the whole family every 3rd Saturday of the month. This group offers relatives, foster parents, and children an opportunity to learn and maintain connection with the Native community and traditions.
Contact Roger and Aimee Moses at (509) 483-7336 or call or text at (509) 218-8889 or
3. Foster parent support: Contact Dru Powers (Regional Coordinator) at (509) 928-6697 or  . Dru has more information on other available support groups.
After hours caregiver support line is 1-800-301-1868.

• For more information on resources, contacts, articles, training, and the latest news visit the Foster Parent Association of Eastern Washington’s site at  or visit on Facebook at  

For Mental Health services contact the Spokane County Regional Support Network (RSN): 312 W. 8th Avenue Spokane, WA 99204; (509) 477-5722;